Every year Team HomeAway is innovating, creating, and just doing more. It can be easy to forget all of the wins, no matter how big or small, because of how fast we’re moving. We wanted to take time to reflect on Team HomeAway’s successes in 2017.
1. We started construction on a 16-story office tower at the Domain set to open in 2019. This new office will be become our global headquarters.
2. The India office hit a big milestone in 2017– 50 employees joined Team HomeAway in Gurgaon.
3. Expedia, including all brands in the family, made the top 20 on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the UK 2018” ranking.
4. HomeAway hosted the first LGBTQ-themed hackout in Austin.
5. We teamed up with Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Inc. and A+E Networks to premiere our first daytime television show, “Vacation Rental Potential.”
6. Employees from HomeAway Madrid attended and recruited at Codemotion, their first big tech conference in Madrid.
7. We welcomed Mark Okerstrom as the new CEO of Expedia, Inc.
8. We launched one of the coolest campaigns ever in partnership with “Beauty and the Beast.” The winner got to stay in a 14th-century castle in Scotland.
9. Our marketing and partnerships teams put together another hit campaign, this time a little closer to home. The winner won a sleepover in the HomeAway Birdhouse in Austin during SXSW.
10. Our engineering and product teams released MarketMaker, a new tool for revenue management for property managers. MarketMaker provides a holistic view of major factors that affect a property’s potential so property managers can make more informed business decisions.
Want to join Team HomeAway or check out other cool perks we offer? Visit our careers page!
Follow Life at HomeAway on social media: