This week, more than 100 employees and 400+ HomeAway customers descended upon Las Vegas to participate in RezFest. RezFest is similar to the Owner Summit we hosted in May, but this conference is targeted at property management(PM) companies instead of individual vacation home owners. Because it's held in Sin City at the Red Rock Casino, all of the activities at this three-day event are packed with excitement and keep our customers coming back year after year. From unforgettable parties to informative lectures to sneak previews of new HomeAway products, Rezfest had it all!
Here's a brief recap of what you missed, if you weren't there, and a chance to reminisce if you were:
Tuesday, September 24
- Poolside party, complete with music, games, hors d'oeuvres and plenty of opportunities to mix and mingle.
- Beer/wine taste-test challenge - attendees could test their knowledge of adult beverages for the chance to win a bag of casino chips.
Wednesday, September 25
- John Suzuki, HomeAway Software for Professional Sales (HASP) Director, and Bill Furlong, Vice President of HASP usher in the first day of presentations.
- Mark Sandborn, international bestselling author and noted authority on leadership, team building, customer service and change, gave the keynote address, sharing his tips on how to improve how you serve your customers and pointed out where you can find the "i" in "TEAM." (Answer, it's in the "A-hole")
- Introduction of the business console design challenge - HomeAway designers worked closely with software users to create a powerful and intuitive at-a-glance business summary, available upon opening the software.
- Attendees were able to hear from several presenters on a variety of topics ranging from the benefits of using mobile devices to improve your business to a status update on rental regulations around the country.
- HomeAway CEO, Brian Sharples, closed out the day by unveiling our new Professional Referral Network, which connects PM customers with individual homeowners who are considering renting out their homes.
- Annual Bowling Party - Pride and bragging rights were on the line as everyone squared off at the fan-favorite event.
- The King himself, Elvis, (a.k.a. one of our PM customers) made an appearance.
Thursday, September 26
- HomeAway Sneaks - Our chief product officer, Tom Hale, took center stage to showcase all of our latest and greatest innovations. This year, he unveiled a new mobile housekeeping/maintenance application and updates to the PM Dashboard, provided details about the new reservation grid, and introduced attendees to Sphere, a panoramic photography company. Hale used his now infamous "applause-o-meter" to determine which products are the most interesting to our customers.
- The Lab - Attendees had the chance to sit down one-on-one with HomeAway employees to walk through our software and services.
- Continuation of other sessions and presentations from HomeAway employees and event partners.
- In the evening, the conference came to an end with a wrap up party at the Cherry Nightclub.