Recently, the 2017 World Happiness Report was released, announcing the world's most content countries. 155 countries were included in the list, ranked in order from most to least happy. The winner? Norway. Claiming the top spot, the country and three of its Nordic neighbors plus Switzerland rounded out the top five. A number of factors were taken into consideration when creating the rankings, but socioeconomic factors played a large part, with social factors playing a smaller role.
Norway has a lot to love, with beautiful and lush scenery that ranges from mountains to glaciers to its famous fjords. Tourists can explore the beautiful coastal cities of Oslo and Bergen, and venture north to ski the slopes or view the Northern Lights from Tromsø. Despite rather long (and often very cold) winters, Norway's residents appear to be more than satisfied with their quality of life... perhaps adopting hygge has something to do with it!
Whatever the reason may be for Scandinavian countries' high levels of cheer, check out these affordable vacation homes in Norway, the world's happiest country.
1. This one bed, one bath apartment in Oslo sleeps three and averages $115 per night. Rent it!
2. This two bed, one bath apartment in Oslo sleeps four and averages $165 per night. Rent it!
3. This four bed, one and a half bath home in Treungen sleeps ten and averages $142 per night. Rent it!
4. This four bed, two bath cottage in Fusa sleeps ten and averages $152 per night. Rent it!
5. This seven bed, two bath home in Sund sleeps 17 and averages $142 per night. Rent it!
6. This four bed, two bath home in Viksdalen sleeps 11 and averages $135 per night. Rent it!
7. This five bed, two bath home in Buskerud sleeps 14 and averages $110 per night. Rent it!
8. This four bed, one bath home in Birkenes sleeps eight and averages $52 per night. Rent it!