The newest member of our leadership team is Juan Carlos Fernández. He is based in our Madrid office and will serve as Senior Regional Director of Southern Europe. Fernández comes to us with significant experience in marketing, brand strategy and media, having worked for Microsoft, Overture (Yahoo!) and Ogilvy & Mather. We're very excited to have him on board overseeing our efforts in Spain, Portugal and Italy.
"What attracted me to HomeAway initially was the dynamism of the company and the business overall. I could think of nothing better than working on two of the things I like most - online business and travelling - and impacting both," said Fernández. "But what really confirmed to me that HomeAway was a great place to work was the people I have had the pleasure of meeting: an energetic bunch that is forward-looking and hardworking, while still having fun with what they do every day!"
We think Juan Carlos will fit right in at HomeAway! Here are 5 things you should know about him:
- When I'm not at work, I spend most of my time with my family. Lourdes, my wife, is a pediatrician, which is very convenient considering we have 3 kids: Jaime (14), Pablo (12) and Blanca (8).
- I like to be active so I enjoy planning activities my family and I can do all together, like travelling or playing sports.
- Personally I like playing golf. As it is a sport that takes a long time to play, I've persuaded the rest of the family to enjoy it as much as I do!
- My family and I are all Real Madrid fans and we always make sure to go see the important games at the field. I wont miss a game against Barcelona!
- I also like to spend time on many other activities with friends, including playing paintball, riding ATVs and fishing. Although when we go to the paintball court I'm the guys' favourite target!