After months of hard work, our new space in the Domain in North Austin, our fourth office in Texas' capital city, is finally ready for move in... well, sort of! The transition will be a two-phased approach with the majority of the team moving into the new space next week and nearly 200 additional employees joining them in April 2015 after the top two floors in the five-story building have been constructed.
Despite the slow move-in, the team was able to see the incredible progress that had been made on Thursday, October 9 during an Open House party. And in typical HomeAway fashion, the reveal was definitely an "event" complete with margaritas, h'orderves, speeches and a scavenger hunt game to help employees get familiar with the space.
The general consensus was that the the newest HomeAway office may be the best yet. Our facilities team and our IT team, led by Ronnie Stahl and David O'Rourke, respectively, really knocked this one out of the park and after the dust settles, this space will be an incredible home-away-from-home for hundreds of present and future HomeAway employees.
Highlights of the office include:
- Nine 65” flat screens in the skywalk from the parking garage to the building that together will showcase experiences at HomeAway rentals in one panoramic scene
- Outside veranda with lounge furniture connecting to a bistro with a fireplace
- Workout room with cardio equipment, free weights and yoga balls
- Real vacation photos from HomeAway employees etched into glass windows around the office
- Tweet wall filled with social comments from HomeAway customers
- Travel souvenirs including key chains, maps, globes and more!
Photo credit: Lenny Tropiano