We’re all settled back into our offices and finally getting a chance to reflect on our inspiring weekend in Houston for the 2018 Grace Hopper Celebration. If you’ve never attended GHC, just imagine thousands of women clad in sneakers and t-shirts running between panel sessions, career booths, and coffee meetups. With 20,000 attendees, things can get a little chaotic and it’s easy to miss small details from the week. These are the eight things you might of missed from GHC 18.
2. Forget headshots, how about latte art with your face!
3. HomeAway Senior Data Analyst, Nikole Phillips’ first time at GHC and getting an incredible selfie with Anita Hill.
4. Sock giveaway at the HomeAway networking lounge! Because who doesn’t need socks with birdhouses on them?
5. HomeAway Software Engineer, Kuldeep Chowan, sharing his experience about going serverless during his panel discussion.
6. So. Much. Swag. From custom printed phone cases to tech tacos, there was no leaving Grace Hopper empty-handed.
7. Exploring the digital map of people’s dream travel destinations at the Expedia Group booth.
8. Meeting up with friends from other Austin companies like Indeed! Grace Hopper is the perfect opportunity to catch up with people in your network.