Imagine this: you’re at home, planning a trip with your family and friends. You’re gathered around a high-definition screen in your living room, swiping through photos of gorgeous vacation homes for rent around the world, hunting for the perfect space that everyone will be excited to call their own.
Now imagine arriving at that perfect rental with your loved ones. The house is amazing, with all the space and amenities you need for the perfect vacation. Dad loves the kitchen – mom’s excited about the pool. Best of all, there’s an Apple TV displaying all the information you need for an unforgettable stay at your new home away from home.
Today we’re excited to make this dream a reality with the launch of the HomeAway app for Apple TV. The app has lets families discover great properties on a TV screen, making trip planning a truly shared experience. Plus, once a guest has checked in, the app provides a big screen version of the mobile hospitality experience, offering helpful information about the property and making it easy to explore their destination and fully enjoy their whole vacation. We’ve pulled together a short video to show you the experience here.
With the app, potential guests can:
- Browse HomeAway’s selection of vacation rentals around the world
- Get inspired by beautiful properties in top cities and destinations
- Send properties directly to your mobile device to book, inquire, or add to your list of favorite HomeAway properties
Once a guest has checked into your rental, they can use the app to:
- View information about the stay, including helpful tips, Wi-Fi passwords, contact info, instructions, house rules, check-out times and more
- Explore your destination, including restaurants and activity recommendations from the owner, or rich destination guides with photos and reviews powered by Gogobot
- Send recommendations directly to your phone from the TV
U.S. homeowners with the new Apple TV can provide amazing guest experiences by giving travelers access to HomeAway Mobile Hospitality Manager content. By installing the HomeAway app on Apple TV, you can:
- Greet your guests with a welcome message
- Share information about your rental to address common questions, reducing the need for travelers to contact you
- Provide recommendations to your guests, like the best neighborhood coffee shop or bike trail
- Use the latest and greatest technology to provide an experience unlike any other in the industry that will surprise and delight travelers (and lead to awesome reviews!)
Many vacation rental owners already use Apple TV in their vacation rentals today. Best of all, Apple TV enables guests to access to their personalized entertainment options using their own subscriptions or accounts on streaming services such as iTunes, Netflix, Pandora, HBO GO and more.
If you are one of the hundreds of thousands of owners and managers that have filled out your Hospitality content, then you’re ready to go. Just make sure you have the newest version of Apple TV and download the HomeAway app. Once you’ve logged in with your HomeAway credentials, the app automatically syncs with your property’s calendar so your content will be available to guests. Just make sure that when a guest turns on the TV after checking in, Apple TV is what they see first. And be sure to share this new capability in communications with guests!
If you are not yet using mobile hospitality, go to the help portal and search for mobile hospitality to get started. Once you have set up your hospitality content, you can add the HomeAway app to your new Apple TV.
The HomeAway app for Apple TV is the next step in the future of vacation rental travel. Whether you’re a traveler or an owner of one of the thousands of HomeAway properties that already use Apple TV, we’re proud to share this groundbreaking app with you. Want additional details about HomeAway’s mobile offerings? Visit our site to learn more!