Get to know one of our incredible employees from around the world.
Bryan Boice, Sales Manager
Lives in: Seattle, WA
Escapia Employee Since: December 2006
1. Knowing what you know now, if you could turn back time and give yourself advice for the future what would it be? Relax. Most problems today aren’t problems tomorrow.
2. Living in Seattle, what’s your go-to activity on a rainy day? You mean like, every day? I built a home theater in my house several years ago, so watching movies with family and friends is always fun. XBox is AMAZING on a 12-foot screen! Or so my kids say…
3. Who was your childhood hero? I was an 80’s kid, so The A-team was huge. Who didn’t love seeing them kick some non-lethal butt every week?! Wait, didn’t they all live together? How did that NOT cause attention? Four strange dudes driving a weird striped van around Southern California.
4. What brought you to Escapia in 2006 and how has life changed since joining HomeAway? I had sold my travel company to ski.com and was looking for opportunities to get back into technology. I found Escapia, and after meeting the team I was hooked. Eight years later, we’re all still working incredibly hard to share the joys of vacation rentals with everyone. I love the fact that many of the same folks that helped build Escapia are still with us today. My hair has turned grayer, and my kids keep growing like weeds, but we’re still having fun and working hard.
5. What’s been the biggest sacrifice you’ve made in your life? Starting a travel business in late 2001 was a giant leap of faith that led to all kinds of sacrifices. As a small business owner, you’re risking everything with no guarantees (and asking your family to come along for the ride). I was walking away from a great career in technology and jumping into the unknown with employees and partners counting on me. Fortunately, it all worked out, and I’m so happy I’ve had that entrepreneurial experience in my life.