We’ve all daydreamed about it – the perfect getaway in an impossibly gorgeous destination, where even the lowliest iPhone pic looks like it belongs in a glossy mag. The canals of Venice, the fjords of Iceland, the beaches of Thailand – some places just seem designed for Instagram.
But Instagram-worthy views aren’t reserved for landmarks and destinations alone. With over 1.2 million rentals to choose from on HomeAway, it’s possible to sleep somewhere so striking that it blows the rest of your vacation out of the water. Below, find five of our favorite “bucket-list” rentals that everyone should stay in before they die.
1. Paris: One night in the Eiffel Tower
Price: FREE! Wait, what??
For the first time in history, HomeAway is giving travelers a chance to spend the night in the world's most iconic landmark. Four lucky winners from different corners of the world, along with up to five additional guests each, will sleep in HomeAway’s exclusive apartment inside the Eiffel Tower and wake up to breathtaking views of the city. But don’t worry – if you’re not one of the four lucky winners, there are still plenty of ways to make the Eiffel Tower feel like it’s all yours:
- This summer, HomeAway is giving away hundreds of free tickets daily for tourists to visit the top of the Eiffel Tower without having to wait in line – perfect for those who will be in town for the UEFA EURO 2016 festivities. Simply visit the HomeAway booth at the UEFA EURO 2016 Fan Zone in front of the Eiffel Tower!
- HomeAway is also giving away 500 free passes daily for soccer enthusiasts to watch live broadcasts of the UEFA EURO 2016 matches!
And other exclusive events inside of HomeAway’s Eiffel Tower Apartment to be announced soon!
2. Cape Town: A floating glass house
Suspended between sea and sky, this glass house in Cape Town looks like a mirage – but it’s oh-so-real. Visitors to the glass house can enjoy salt baths and relaxing steams and massages in a house lifted straight out of your wildest dreams. Starts at: $1,220 per night. Book it now!
3. Nevada: A modernist retreat in the middle of nowhere
Stunning desert vistas and complete silence: this gorgeous rental outside of Death Valley National Park has plenty of both. It really doesn’t get more “away from it all” than this, people! Starts at: $398 per night. I want to go to there!
4. Costa Rica: A three-story treehouse in the jungle
This luxe jungle retreat is nestled between mountains and ocean on Costa Rica’s breathtaking Osa peninsula, home to Capuchin monkeys, humpback whales, eagles, hummingbirds and more. Starts at: $350 per night. Calgon, take me away…
5. Wyoming: A tiny house that’s big on style
This luxury cabin in the heart of the Tetons packs all the comforts of home into a tiny space. (How do they do that?!) Enjoy kayaking, skiing, hiking and biking in the day, and curl up by the fire with three of your closest friends or family each evening. Starts at: $199 per night. Beam me up, Scotty!